Plitvice Lakes National Park
Croatia’s oldest and biggest national park, Plitvice entered the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1979., due to its outstanding and picturesque series of limestone lakes connected by stunning waterfalls. There are sixteen lakes in the park and the two largest lakes, Prošćansko lake and Kozjak lake which cover about 80 percent of the overall water body area. These sixteen lakes are grouped in into the 12 Upper Lakes and the four Lower Lakes. At the end of the Lower Lakes the Large Waterfall is located, the highest waterfall in Plitvice.
In Plitvice, you can walk nature trails that pass just next to waterfalls and lakes. To make your way through national park easier, visitors entering the park at Entrance 1 can choose between four routes, marked in green. At Entrance 2, routes are marked in orange.
However, one of the best experiences during the visit is definitely boat ride across the Lakes. The ride lasts about 20 minutes, it is very pleasant and keep in mind that boats do not have closed cabins so enjoy the feeling of wind in your face and fresh air. Bring jacket with you!
Discover why Plitvice Lakes national park are listed as UNESCO World Heritage site in Croatia. Enjoy strolling around nature trails that take you around the edges of many lakes and enjoy boat ride.
- Transfer is organized from Split at your address at desired time. Our professional English-speaking driver will pick you up in luxury vehicle. We will take you across the highway to one of the world’s greatest natural wonders Plitvice Lakes National Park. After 2,5 hours you will be at the entrance of Plitvice.
- Upon arrival a professional guide will join us and take us on tour of Plitvice Lakes National Park. Emerge in the symphony of visual wonders combined with clear air and the sound of waterfalls. This private sightseeing takes for around 4-5 hours. Sightseeing is circular and includes visits to both, Upper and Lower lakes. It consists of a combination of walks and electric-boat rides. Entry tickets are included.
- After the tour, we will take you to your 4* wellness hotel Degenija. It is located just a few kilometers from the Entrance 1 to the National Park Plitvice lakes. It is ideally located for all visitors who explore Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- The hotel restaurant (right next to the hotel) offers a rich selection of traditional and national dishes. You will enjoy a 3-course dinner. Variety of hot and cold dishes and pastries will satisfy even the pickiest.
- In the morning, we will have breakfast at hotel and restaurant Degenija.
- We will pick you up and take you to private guided bike tour to Korana river, Drežnik grad, and Deer valley where you can see wild deers. Everyone who has visited the park on a hot summer day knows how tempting the crystal clear blue waters are. Unfortunately, it is prohibited to take a swim in park but it is perfectly allowed to swim in the Korana river outside the boundaries of the park if you feel like it. Ranch deer valley is part of family-owned farm which was established in 2009. and engaged in breeding red deer and fallow deer. It is located in the area of Drežnik Grad, a village 12 km from the National Park Plitvice Lakes, and covers an area of about 15 hectares.
- After the tour, you will have Wine&Cheese organized tasting.
- Departure to Split.